We welcome your participation in Gateways.
Our B'nei Mitzvah Program utilizes adult volunteer tutors. The program meets weekly on Wednesday afternoons at Congregation Mishkan Tefila in Chestnut Hill. Training is provided.
Gateways is always interested in adding dedicated and knowledgable individuals to our committees. Particular areas of interest include finance, governance, special education, technology, human resources, social media, marketing and development.
If you are interested in volunteering or joining a committee, please drop us a line at email@example.com or contact a program director or administrator directly.
To learn more about Gateways' teen volunteer programs, please click here.
Special Needs Sunday School Teacher, Gateways Sunday Program (Newton)
Teach in Gateways Sunday School Program during academic year for children with special needs between the ages 2 to 18 who benefit from highly structured programming, individualized attention and small class sizes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead teacher in classroom of children with special needs and the teen volunteers assigned to them
- Utilize visual supports and differentiated instruction to present a multisensory curriculum that includes Jewish holidays, Bible stories, Hebrew language and Jewish culture
- Incorporate creative arts, technology and music therapy are integral components of each weekly lesson
- Create and submit lesson plan for each class
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs, traditions, and prayers
- Ability to read Hebrew
- Skilled collaborators who can work effectively with a team of teachers, teenage volunteers, and parents of children with special needs
- College degree in special education or related field
- Prior experience with elementary school students with special needs