- This event has passed.
Mental, Emotional, and Social Health Through Experiential Education
December 20, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us in person for Mental, Emotional, and Social Health Through Experiential Education, a course offered in collaboration with Combined Jewish Philanthropies and BaMidbar as a part of the Developing Minds capacity building initiative.
Jewish communal professionals are uniquely situated to create positive environments where not only Jewish learning, but also mental health and wellbeing, can flourish. This program is designed to support professionals who work with Jewish teens and young adults in expanding their understanding of mental health and wellness through an experiential approach and a Jewish lens, in order to actively promote resilience and help their students thrive.
By participating in MESH-EE, teen and young adult-facing engagement professionals build the knowledge, skills, and confidence to:
- Promote healthy social and emotional development for the populations that they serve
- Recognize when youth and young adults are at risk of experiencing mental health challenges
- Intervene early and appropriately when mental health challenges arise
- Explore connections between Jewish tradition and mental health and wellness
- Create Jewish educational experiences through a whole-health wellness lens
Who It’s for
This course is designed for MA-based youth and young adult-serving Jewish community professionals interested in expanding their understanding of mental health, wellness, and experiential learning in order to better support their students and actively promote social and emotional growth.
This program will take place from 9AM-3PM. Kindly plan to arrive a little before 9, so that we can get started on time. We will have a 15 minute break in the morning and afternoon and will take an hour for lunch. Light snacks and coffee will be provided in the morning, and lunch is included.
Topics Covered Include:
- Frameworks for Mental Health and Wellness
- Meeting Students Where They Are on the Mental Health Spectrum
- Designing Experiences for an Anxious and Stressed-out World
- Facilitating for Resilience
- Building Motivation
- Combatting Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
This course is free for those professionals whose employer organization is participating in Developing Minds. Please register using the link below, and feel free to reach out to Emily Heeren with any questions.