Join Gateways for our community member-hosted workshop series about navigating the pitfalls and possibilities of parenting in the 21st century.
Stay tuned for information on upcoming Parenting with Purpose events.
April 2021: Social Media, Kids and Sex: The Importance of Proactive Conversations
About Our Speaker
Cindy Pierce is a social sexuality educator, speaker, storyteller and author of Sexploitation: Helping Kids Develop Healthy Sexuality in a Porn-Driven World and Sex, College and Social Media: A Commonsense Guide to Navigating the Hookup Culture. Cindy and her husband, Bruce Lingelbach, are parents of three young adults and run Pierce’s Inn in Etna, NH. You can learn more about Cindy’s work at www.cindy-pierce.com.
February 2021: The Power of Collaboration: Raising Human Beings
About Our Speaker
Ross W. Greene, Ph.D., is the New York Times bestselling author of the influential books The Explosive Child, Lost at School, Lost and Found, and Raising Human Beings. He is the originator of the model of care described in those books, now called Collaborative & Proactive Solutions (CPS). Dr. Greene was on the faculty at Harvard Medical School for over 20 years, and is now founding director of the non-profit Lives in the Balance, which provides a vast array of free, web-based resources on the CPS model. He has appeared in a wide range of media, including The Oprah Show, Good Morning America, The Morning Show, National Public Radio, Mother Jones magazine, The Atlantic, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, and the Boston Globe. Dr. Greene lectures and consults widely throughout the world and lives in Portland, Maine.
Other Past Events:
- October 2020: Supporting Sibling Relationships with TLC with Jennifer Gillette
- June 2020: Parenting in a Pandemic with Dr. Nora Friedman & Dr. Benjamin Raby
- January 2020: Conscious Parenting with Cindy Kaplan
- October 2019: How to Stop Losing Your Sh*t with Your Kids with Carla Naumberg, PhD
- March 2019: Finding the Promise in and Avoiding the Perils of Social Media, with David Bickham, PhD
- January 2019: Connecting Young People with Nature with Cheryl Charles and Sara St. Antoine
- October 2018: Raising Happier Kids with Nataly Kogan
- January 2018: Encouraging Resilience with Dr. Robert Brooks
- October 2017: Creating a Sense of “We” in Your Family with Judy Elkin